One of my friends, Rosie of Rock Bodies, is a personal trainer who often posts delicious healthy recipes to Facebook. She found a recipe for pancakes that uses just two ingredients: banana and eggs. Seriously, that’s it. They are AMAZING. Before I made them though I had to finish my workout for the day (especially since I was having local sausage with my pancakes).
Today I wanted to focus on arms and abs. Yesterday I did Zuzka’s ZShred #3 which was a legs-intensive high-intensity workout. I really prefer full-body workouts and while I felt like a new person after this workout, it ended up being too much for me and I am HURTING today. So I decided to take it easier on my legs. This workout will definitely get your heart rate up but it’s primarily a strength training workout and while it’s an upper-body focus there’s definitely leg involvement as well.
- KB Swing
- KB Snatch R
- KB Snatch L
- Weighted pilates sit-ups
- Plank climbers
- Pull-ups (as many as you can do
- Dive bombers
- Renegade Row
- Single-Leg deadlifts
- Dragon flags
Once you’ve completed that you deserve some pancakes right?
Paleo High Protein Pancakes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- Optional: pinch of cinnamon
- Optional: ~1tbsp protein powder or tapioca flour
- Beat the banana and egg together. You’re done making the batter! No, seriously, this recipe couldn’t be easier. I used my Vitamix to mix them but you can easily do it by hand. I added cinnamon, which turned out great. I also made the mistake of using jumbo eggs so my batter was a bit too thin so I added some tapioca flour to thicken it. You can use protein powder as a thickener if you prefer (I recommend using a plant-based powder without GMOs, soy or whey).
- Cook on skillet like normal pancakes. I recommend making them small and thin (the large one in the picture was to finish off my batter).
I found with the sweetness of the banana no syrup was necessary, though I’m sure if you like you can add some maple syrup or agave. Enjoy!!